Bindu S. Bamrah, MD
Specialties: Shoulder, General Orthopedics, Knee, Sports Medicine
- Fellowship, Sports Medicine: University of Missouri-Kansas City
Director: Jon Browne M.D., Chris Barnthouse M.D., Andrew Scott M.D.
August 2001-July 2002
- Residency, Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals
July 1996-June 2001
- M.D., Medical College of Wisconsin
Aug. 1992-May 1996
- B.A., Rockhurst College
Kansas City, MO
Aug. 1988-May 1992
Memberships and Positions:
- Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2005
- Wilkinson Medical Clinic (Hartland, Wisconsin) 8/2002-2004
- Associate team physician for the Kansas City Chiefs from 2002 to present
- Currently the team doctor for Brookfield Central from 2006 to present
- Diplomat American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery 7/2004
- Arthroscopy Association of North America 2004
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine 2003
- Associate Team Physician Kansas City Chiefs (NFL) 2002
- Team Physician Pewaukee High School 2002-2004
- Medical Director Brookfield Central High School 2006
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery member 2005
- Elected to Program Director’s Committee 1999-2000
- Participated as team physician for Marquette University High School and Milwaukee Public School System 1997-1999
- Walter P. Blount Award for Outstanding Student in Orthopaedic Surgery 1996
- Vice-President, Student Assembly, 1994
- Executive Committee, 1994-1995
- Faculty General Assembly Student Representative, 1994-1995
- Chairman of Standing Ovation Awards Committee, 1995
- Member, American Medical Association
- Chairman of Legislative Awareness Week, 1993-1994
- Executive Council, 1993-1994
- CPR (BCLS) instructor 1992 to present
- Isaac Coggs Volunteer 1992-1994
- Coordinator of Intramural Sports, 1992-1993
- Member, State Medical Society, 1992-2000
- Magna Cum Laude graduate
- Editor-in-Chief of student newspaper, Rockhurst College 1991-1992
- Alpha Sigma Nu — Jesuit Honor Society (equivalent of Phi Beta Kappa),
Student Senator, 1988-1991
Research and Publications:
- Research Assistant, Microbiology Laboratory
Medical College of Wisconsin
Summers of 1989, 1990, 1991
- Bamrah B., Sharpe R., Browne J., Barnthouse C, & Herzog R, “Evaluation of Medial Meniscal Allograft Motion Using Dynamic MRI” Submitted for publication.
- Bamrah, B.S., Schmeling, G.J., Yao, E.S., Epps, D, B.S. & Wang, M., “Micromotion at a Femoral Osteotomy Stabilized With a Retrograde Interlocking Intramedullary Nail.” Accepted for poster Orthopaedic Trauma Association, San Antonio, TX, September 2000.
- Ninomiya, J T., Stelloh, C T. Struve, J A; Bamrah, B S.: “Effects of Grit Blasting on Orthoblast Responses to Porous Ingrowth
Surfaces.” Accepted for poster presentation Orthopaedic Research Society in Orlando, Florida, March 2000.
- Bamrah, B.S., Sty, J., Thometz, J.: “Avascular Necrosis after Supracondylar Humerus Fracture: 3 case reports”
- Bamrah, B.S., Raasch, W.: “A Comparison of Traditional Spike Golf Shoes with Soft-Spike Golf Shoes on a Natural Turf Surface” Presented at Mid-America Orthopaedic Association Annual Meeting Southhampton, Bermuda April 14-18, 1999.
- Schmeling, G. J., Louis, S., Bamrah, B., Schwab, J.P., and Carrera, G., Medical College of Wisconsin. “The Evaluation of Tibial Plateau Fractures with Helical Computed Tomography.” Poster presented at Orthopaedic Trauma Association Annual Meeting in Tampa, Florida, Sept. 28th-Oct. 1, 1995.
- Pazhayannur S. Murali, Bindu S. Bamrah, Hongyung Choi, Jordan N, Fink, Viswanath P. Kurup: “Hyperimmune serum modulates allergic response to spores in a murine model of allergic aspergillosis.” Journal of Leukocyte Biology, 1994; 55: 29-34.