Christopher J. Evanich, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon, Total Joint Replacement Specialist
Specialties: Knee, Hip, Arthritis
Dr. Evanich performs nearly 500 hip and knee replacements each year and has performed over 400 hip arthroscopies over the last ten years. Since 2004, he has been rated one of Milwaukee’s top orthopedic doctors by Milwaukee Magazine and other well-known publications. Dr. Evanich earns these honors in part by dedication to providing the utmost care and respect for all of his patients.
Specialty Procedures and Professional Achievements
- Perform arthritic-sparring procedures for hips and knees (e.g. arthroscopy, osteotomies).
- Performed over 400 hip arthroscopies for labral tears, Impingement, and snapping hips.
- Perform nearly 500 hip and knee replacements a year.
- Rated one of Milwaukee’s top orthopedic doctors by both Milwaukee and M-Magazine since 2004.
- July 2000 – Elmbrook Memorial Hospital
- January, 1998 – Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center, Milwaukee, WI (associate staff)
- January, 1997 – Veteran’s Administration Hospital, Wood, WI (staff)
- July, 1996 – Aurora West Allis Memorial Hospital, Milwaukee, WI (associate staff)
- July, 1996 – St. Francis Hospital, Milwaukee, WI (courtesy staff)
- Medical College of Wisconsin
Graduated: Medical Degree, 1990 Honors: Alpha OmegaAlpha Honor Society
- Internship and Residency
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Board Certified: July, 1998
- College Education
Marquette University 1200 West Wisconsin Avenue Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Graduated: BS-Biomedical Engineering
- Total joint Reconstruction Fellowship
University of Utah 50 North Medical Drive Salt Lake City, Utah 84132
Date: August 1, 1995 through July 31, 1996 Director: Aaron A. Hofmann, M.D.
- Fellowship Training Hip and Knee Surgery
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Medical License
State of Wisconsin-Medicine and Surgery, No. 32282
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- One of Milwaukee’s Top Orthopedic Doctors, Milwaukee Magazine, July 2004 through 2010.
- Elected outstanding orthopedic clinical instructor by the Department of Orthopedic Surgery – Medical College of Wisconsin, 1999, 2006.
- J.H. and W.J. Houghton Award – Given by the Wisconsin State Medical Society for medical student showing high promise of becoming complete physician, 1990.
- Received certificate of achievement for being team leader of DRG 209/210 Metro Care Management / Quality Improvement Team for total joint replacements, February, 2000.
- Efficacy of Intra-articular Hyaluronic Acid Injections in Knee Osteoarthritis – Clinical Orthopedics – 390173-81, September 2001.
- Posterior Stabilization in Total Knee Arthroplasty with use of an Ultracongruent Polyethylene Insert – Journal of Arthroplasty, Vol. 15, No. 5, August, 2000.
- Patellar Component Medialization in Total Knee Arthroplasty Journal of Arthropolasty, Vol. 12, No. 2, 1997.
- Six to Ten Year Experience with Metal-Backed Patellae Journal of Arthroplasty, Vol. 12, No. 2, 1997.
- Strength of Anterior Lumbar Vertebral Body Screw Fixation in Relation to Bone Mineral Density – Spinal Disorders, 1994.
- Ideal Thickness of Smith-Robinson Graft for Anterior Cervical Fusion – Spine, 1993.
- Transverse High Tibial Osteotomies and Deep Dished Polyethylene for Posterior Stabilization – Fourteenth Annual Arthritic Hip, Knee, and Shoulder Symposium, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Six to Ten Year Experience With Metal-Backed Patellae. Fifth Annual Fall Meeting – American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons.
- Posterior Stabilization Using an Ultracongruent Polyethylene Insert in Total Knee Arthroplasty – Knee Society Meeting of Orthopedic Hip and Knee Surgeons, February, 1997, and at American Association Hip and Knee Meeting, November, 1996.
- Posterior Cruciate Substitution in Total Knee Arthroplasty – Hip, Knee, Shoulder Symposium, Park City, Utah, February, 1997.
- Treatment of Knee Osteoarthritis With Injectable Hyaluronic Acid Products – Grand Rounds at St. Luke’s Medical Center and St. Francis Hospital, Milwaukee, February, 1998.
- Acetabular Reconstruction With Use of Antiprotrusio Cages – Hip, Knee, Shoulder Symposium, Park City, Utah, February, 2000.
- Treatment of Acute Gonarthrosis – Medical Grand Rounds, St. Luke’s Medical Center, Milwaukee, January, 2000.
- Treatment of Infected Total Hip Arthroplasties and Seven to Eleven Year Experience With Cementless Total Knee Arthroplasties at the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Meeting, February, 1997.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons American Medical Society Wisconsin State Medical Society Christian Medical Society American Association Hip & Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)